shape
Old Customs House


The small brick building on the bluff, at the base of Lincoln Street, was built in 1883 as the Customs House, or Casa de Aduanas. Here, shippers and brokers came to pay customs fees for imported goods from Europe and México on steam boats. The structure has also served as City Hall and Jail for the City of Roma Police Department.
National Historic Landmark
  City of Roma
HOME          ABOUT ROMA     DEPARTMENTS        COUNCIL              LINKS


Home

About Roma

Departments

Council

Links

Document Central

Downloads

Video Archive
<--- BACK                                                READ MORE --->